How Do I?
Click to Home
Go To Search
Photo Gallery
Citizen Service Center
Graphic Links

I am moving out of Orange County. What do I need to do?
Orange County is not a prorating county, therefore, you will owe Orange County the tax for the full year and the County you move to cannot assess you on your current vehicle until January 1 of the year following your move in date. However, if you purchase a new car and the County you move to is a prorating County they can charge you tax on your new vehicle, for the portion of the year you own it. If you move out of State, a proration will be made upon receipt of a copy of the out of state registration.

Commissioner of the Revenue - Personal Property Tax

Show All Answers

1. What is considered individual personal property?
2. How do I file an individual personal property return? What is the filing deadline?
3. How do I know if my vehicle needs a County decal?
4. I am a new resident of Orange County. What do I need to do?
5. I am moving out of Orange County. What do I need to do?
6. How do I know if the locality I am moving to is a “prorating” or a “non-prorating” locality?
7. I am planning on disposing of my vehicle. What do I need to do?
8. Do I have to register a leased vehicle with Orange County?
9. If I am in the military, do I have to pay personal property taxes?
10. If I own an antique or vintage vehicle, do I have to register the vehicle with Orange County?
11. My spouse and I are separated and our vehicle is jointly owned. Who is responsible for the personal property taxes?
12. How do you determine the assessment on a vehicle?
13. When are personal property taxes due? Where do I send payments? How much did I pay in taxes last year?
14. Does the County offer a discount for vehicles with high mileage?
15. Why do I need to file for the high mileage discount every year?
16. How do I contact DMV to update my vehicle information?
17. When will I stop paying personal property tax?
18. Do I have the right to appeal my personal property assessment?
19. I sold my vehicle this year, will my tax be prorated?