Tire Amnesty Event
The Orange County Landfill and Orange County Litter Control Committee are preparing to distribute free vouchers for the Tire Amnesty event. This is an opportunity for Orange County residents to responsibly discard unwanted tires without paying the normal tipping fee of $2.50 per tire.
A limited number of vouchers will be available at the Orange County Public Works Office, located at 11350 Porter Road, Orange, VA 22960. Orange County residents and property owners may visit the office, during business hours, Monday, September 25 through Friday, September 29, 2023, to obtain up to two vouchers per household. Call (540) 672-9600 to confirm availability.
Once obtained, vouchers will be eligible for use Monday, October 2 through Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at the Orange County Landfill, located at 11530 Porter Road, Orange, Virginia. A voucher is fully redeemed when a participant arrives with tires during the applicable dates, regardless of whether the maximum number of tires are brought. Vouchers will not be accepted after October 31, 2023. Tires must be dropped off during the regular operating hours of the Orange County Landfill. For information regarding Landfill operating hours, visit the Landfill page.
Rules & Restrictions:
- Open to Orange County residents or property owners ONLY. NO BUSINESSES! You will need to provide verification of residency, or Orange County, VA taxpayer status, to receive a voucher.
- Eligibility may be confirmed by Virginia driver's license, utility bill, tax bill, etc. BRING IT WITH YOU.
- The individual picking up the voucher MUST be the same person to drop-off tires. You cannot pick up vouchers for others or bring tires on their behalf.
- Accepted items will include personal vehicle tires of the sizes commonly used for passenger cars or pickup trucks. NO oversized, commercial, or agricultural tires will be accepted.
- At least one voucher must be used when bringing any tires.
- Tires must be brought during regular landfill hours.
- Participants will sign an agreement before being issued a voucher.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, non-replaceable, and expire at close of business on Oct. 31, 2023.
- 150 vouchers will be available. First-come, first-served. Max 2 per household.