Emergency Communications Center
A Virginia EMS Office Accredited Emergency Medical Dispatch Communications Center
An APCO Project 33 Certified Training Program
Formed in 2018 as a consolidation of the E-911 Center and Sheriff's Office Dispatch, the Orange County Emergency Communications Center (ECC) serves as the County-wide Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), answering all 911 calls in Orange County, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
In addition to answering all 911 calls, the ECC is responsible for providing dispatch services for Orange County Fire and EMS, the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the Town of Orange Police Department, and the Town of Gordonville Police Department.
The ECC provides services such as Text-to-911, Smart911, Rave Alert, and can provide life-saving instructions via it's Emergency Medical Dispatch program.
The mission of the Orange County Emergency Communications Center is to provide the citizens and guests of Orange County with access to a dependable, rapid system of emergency communications when called upon.
We are the lifeline for our citizens and our emergency services personnel. We are dispatchers, telecommunicators, record-keepers, and communications facilitators. We strive to assign the appropriate assistance in a timely manner.
We offer assistance to other agencies upon their request and within our means.
We are the center of all emergency communications; safeguarding life and property, overseeing public safety, and managing all existing communications systems.
We seek and promote the innovative use of emerging technology to improve public safety, communications systems, and performance in all areas.
We are an experienced and highly-motivated team of professionals. Our staff is truly proud to be part of an organization with high expectations and performance standards, which rewards creativity, judgment, and initiative. We provide training and facilities to enable our employees to excel.
- Attract, develop, and retain quality employees; provide opportunities for their growth and achievement while ensuring that the needs of members and their families are readily addressed.
- Employee involvement is critical - maintain the "team" concept, including open communication between all employees.
- Innovative thinking is encouraged, understanding that a certain level of risk is often a prerequisite to innovative progress.
- Encourage the streamlining and simplification of operations; maintain continuous improvement.
- Maintain leadership, not only in the use of state-of-the-art systems and technology, but also in the future improvement of these systems.
- Follow the "Golden Rule": to treat others as we would have them treat us.