Orange County, VA – The Orange County Public Libraries have partnered with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to offer curbside pickup for citizens to receive up to four (4) free COVID Rapid tests per adult. A library card is not required.
Tests are supplied by VDH and require an Internet connection, webcam and microphone (or smartphone), and a photo ID for use. The test is administered with an online proctor who will verify ID and ensure you conduct the test correctly. These E-MED Binax Now tests are FDA approved and provide a digital verification of a negative test.
To receive a test at a local Orange County Library branch, please do the following:
- To ensure availability, call ahead to reserve your test(s) for same day pickup. Tests not picked up during the library’s open hours that day will be returned to the available pool for others. Tests are only available via curbside pickup. Please wear a mask when picking up tests.
- Please check the library’s website for hours, including special holiday hours at www.ocplva.org.
- Call when you reach the library and staff will place your tests on a numbered pickup cart outside.
- Main Library - (540) 672-3811
- Wilderness Branch - (540) 854-5310
- Gordonsville Branch - (540) 832-0712
- Please do not enter the library if presenting symptoms. Consider asking someone else to pick up the test for you.
The Orange County Public Libraries are NOT testing centers. Citizens are welcome to make use of our expanded Wi-Fi in our parking lots. Tests shall not be administered inside the library as we do not have the facilities to safely dispose of used tests. For information about the provided eMed test kit, please contact (866) 855-1173.
Tests are available while supplies last. The Library has the ability to request a re-stock but has no control over how quickly that may occur, if at all.
For additional information, please contact Katie Hill, Library Director at (540) 672-3811. Visit the VDH website, https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/protect-yourself/covid-19-testing/stacc/, for questions regarding the testing program. A hotline is also available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at (877) 829-4622.