ORANGE COUNTY, Va. – The Orange County Landfill and Orange County Litter Control Committee are preparing to distribute free vouchers for the Tire Amnesty event. This is an opportunity for Orange County residents to responsibly discard unwanted tires without paying the normal tipping fee of $2.50 per tire.
A limited number of vouchers will be available at the Orange County Public Works Office, located at 11350 Porter Road, Orange, VA 22960. Orange County residents and property owners may visit the office, during business hours, Monday, September 25 through Friday, September 29, 2023, to obtain up to two vouchers per household. Call (540) 672-9600 to confirm availability.
Event Rules and Restrictions:
• The event is open to Orange County residents and property owners, not businesses. Attendees must present a driver’s license and/or other documentation to properly verify residency or taxpayer status when picking up vouchers.
• Each voucher will allow for the disposal of up to four tires.
• Each household is limited to two vouchers (resulting in a maximum of eight tires).
• All participants must sign an agreement outlining tire criteria and event conditions.
• The individual picking up the voucher MUST be the same person to drop off tires.
• Vouchers are non-replaceable, non-transferable, and expire at close of business on October 31, 2023.
• A voucher must be presented to Orange County Landfill staff upon tire drop-off.
• Accepted items include personal vehicle tires of the sizes commonly used for passenger cars or pickup trucks. Commercial or agricultural tires are prohibited.
Vouchers are eligible for use October 2 through October 31, 2023, at the Orange County Landfill, located at 11530 Porter Road, Orange, Virginia. A voucher is fully redeemed when a participant arrives with tires during the applicable dates, regardless of whether the maximum number of tires are brought. Vouchers will not be accepted after October 31, 2023. Tires must be dropped off during the regular operating hours of the Orange County Landfill. For information regarding Landfill operating hours visit the Landfill page.
For more information about the Tire Amnesty program, please call the Orange County Litter Control Committee Coordinator at (540) 672-9600 or visit the Tire Amnesty Event page.