Rules & Regulations
Small Dogs: Under 30 lbs.
Large Dogs: Over 30 lbs.
The following are prohibited in Skydog Orange Dog Park:
- More than 20 dogs in the small or large dog area at a time.
- Dogs barking incessantly.
- Digging holes; Handlers are responsible for filling the hole if it happens.
- Food (includes treats, bones, and edible toys).
- Glass containers.
- Smoking (cigarette butts can be dangerous if swallowed by dogs).
- Dogs under 4 months of age.
- Dogs in heat.
- Children under the age of 9 years old.
- Professional dog training.
- More than 2 dogs per handler; Handlers must be at least 18 years old.
- Animals other than dogs.
Additional Rules for Skydog Orange Dog Park:
- Users of Skydog Orange Dog Park do so at their own risk. The County of Orange is not liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in Skydog Orange Dog Park. Handlers are legally responsible and liable for the actions of their dogs. Any injury, or damage to the facility, caused by a handler’s dog is their responsibility. Failure to control your dog will result in permanent expulsion from Skydog Orange Dog Park.
- Skydog Orange Dog Park is for dogs, their handlers, and those accompanying them only.
- Handlers must be within sight and sound of their dog, and the dog must be always within voice control.
- Handlers must always have possession of their dog leash.
- Aggressive dogs (defined as dog behaving in a threatening manner towards human beings or other dogs) are not allowed at any time. Dogs must be leashed and removed from Skydog Orange Dog Park at the first sign of aggression.
- All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, and handlers should have their dog’s vaccination documents and dog license available upon request.
- Handlers must remove any pinch, prong, or spike collars before entering Skydog Orange Dog Park.
- Children between the ages of 9 and 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Handlers must dispose of their dog’s waste (fecal materials) in the appropriate receptacles.
- Dogs must be on their leash when entering and exiting Skydog Orange Dog Park.
"Our DogGone Fence" Memorial Signs
One of our fundraising efforts is the sale of memorial signs to be displayed on “Our DogGone Fence.” These signs will allow you to install a small memorial to a beloved pet along chain link fencing at Skydog Orange. Currently, they are planned to be metal signs approximately 6 by 12 inches, with information such as the dog’s name, information about its lifespan, a short remembrance message, and recognition of the individual/family/group that provided for the memorial. An optional inclusion is a full color image of the dog, see requirements below. We would like to have the dog park completed as soon as possible. The cost per sign is $50. You may order your sign online (recommended), or you may download our order form and bring it into our office.
Payment must be made by cash or check only; checks should be made out to the OCPR Foundation. The presale period has ended, but shirts are still available for purchase at the Parks & Recreation office (11350 Porter Road Orange, VA 22960). Thanks to the generosity of our t-shirt vendor, we will be able to keep shirt prices the same as the presale period. Long sleeve shirts are $20 each, short sleeve are $15 each, available in adult sizes S-XXL (while supplies last).
Shirts are available for immediate purchase in our office, or download the order form to have them shipped.